Six Hills Forest Partnership
Report - General Report
1 November 2002
This is just a brief note to keep you posted on matters coming up of relevance to your forest investment. The following will be reported on further by the end of the year:
· Schedule for first pruning of more of your five Radiata stands
· Valuation of all six stands, now mapping is nearly completed
· Report on nutrient status of tree foliage following sampling
There will be no more needed this year. By early December we will produce a budget for 2003. This will require some funds to be paid in the early part of next year.
The next WFL Newsletter will be out soon. Topics are mainly ‘environmental’ and will include:
· Ecan’s absurd proposal to limit forest cover in the foothills to 5% in area
· The prospects and merits of a dam on the Hurunui River at Glens of Tekoa (~0%)
· The HDC Forest Management Area and Wildings etc. DOC’s view.
We’re working on the next partnership after planting 100 ha of Douglas-fir at Mt Whitnow this year to complete that partnership.
The next will be four stands: three of Radiata at Hopefield, Glens of Tekoa, and Chimney Creek (Marlborough), plus one of Douglas-fir at Gola Peaks.
If you have any queries about anything, or want more information, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
WARREN FORESTRY Ltd
Manager for the SHF Partnership Committee